Anlo Rural Bank Limited in the Volta Region is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Assistant Risk & Compliance Officer.
Reports To: Risk & Compliance Manager
Assist the Risk and Compliance Manager carrying out review and evaluating new/revised processes to ensure the appropriate risk management oversight and infrastructure exist to measure, monitor, evaluate and control such risks. As well, support the completion of business unit-specific risk/control self-assessment, annual assessment reviews, and scenario analysis exercises as well as analyzing the root causes of operational exceptions and assisting in the development of and completion of risk mitigation strategies.
- Analyze risk management information to proactively identify, describe and estimate the risk affecting the Bank.
- Work with all business units to understand business drivers, concerns and offer support to mitigate risks.
- Develop control enhancement to ensure that any known risks are controlled within an acceptable limit.
- Monitor and track risk issues on regular basis.
- Work with other organizational line of defense (Audit).
- Assist in identification, management, strengthening and alerting management on all key risk issues and help in the development of effective controls to mitigate such risks.
- Liaise with departments and unit heads on the adequacy of proposed actions in management of risk areas highlighted in internal and external reports.
- Monitor implementation of ac}on plans to ensure risk mitigation efforts are proceeding as required.
- Monitor and ensure key risk indicators are in place and provide monthly reports.
- Investigate control breaches and recommend enhancement to existing policies to migate risks.
- Support in the drafting of quarterly Risk, Audit and Compliance Committee reports.
- Assist the Department to produce adhoc reports on risk assessment findings, threats and exposure levels for management reviews.
- Identify all critical physical properties of the bank and ensure that there are adequate security protection for those properties.
- Assist management to effectively and efficiently manage liquidity risk through the development of liquidity risk policy and contingency funding plan for the bank.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- A good first degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics and or courses with risk management content.
- Post Graduate qualification and/or membership other professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience with at least one (1) year in a financial institution.
- Well-developed literacy skills and ability to interpret and communicate complex technical information clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate information with attention to details and accuracy.
- Knowledge of risk management framework like COSO.
- Proficient user of MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint, etc.
Mode of Application
Applications, together with a CV, copies of certificates should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org within two (2) weeks from the date of this publication.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INTERVIEWED